Bernard Arnault just became the 2nd-richest person in the world. These 5 mind-blowing facts show just how quickly the French billionaire's fortune is growing.
Posted on July 19, 2019 by Admin
In the first six months of 2019, Bernard Arnault has jumped from fourth place to second on two major rankings of the world's richest individuals. ERIC PIERMONT/AFP/Getty Images 1. In January 2019, Arnault was ranked No. 4 on the lists of the world's richest people. Fast forward six months to mid-July, and he's jumped two…
1. In January 2019, Arnault was ranked No. 4 on the lists of the world's richest people. Fast forward six months to mid-July, and he's jumped two major spots, up to No. 2.
2. In the first three months of 2019, Arnault added over $14 billion to his net worth — roughly the equivalent of drug lord El Chapo's entire empire.
By March, Arnault had already added over $14 billion to his net worth, pushing his net worth ahead of Buffett's according to Bloomberg.
Law enforcement estimates that El Chapo's entire drug empire is worth $14 billion, Business Insider previously reported.
3. Arnault is officially one of only six people to ever rank No. 2 on Forbes' list of the richest billionaires.
In July, Arnault overtook Bill Gates to become the second-richest person in the world, Business Insider reported.
Arnault is now one of only six people to ever hold one of the top two spots on Forbes' billionaires list, according to the magazine. The others are Bezos, Gates, Buffett, Zara cofounder Amancio Ortega, and Mexican telecom magnate Carlos Slim Helu.
4. Arnault has made more money in 2019 than anyone else listed in the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Bloomberg reported.
5. Arnault's personal wealth gains so far in 2019 are on par with Apple's App Store and Google Play combined revenue so far in 2019.